A Travellerspoint blog

Sunday 10th September

Next Stop - KL!

View 2006-2007 on lisacoops's travel map.

I was up early again, showered and dressed. I had packed all of my stuff (and thrown half of it away) and was going to wake Matt but he was already up! As Matt was getting sorted I went down for breakfast and asked reception if there was anyway I could book another seat. The answer was ‘No’ but we could just get another ticket on the coach.

We didn’t have to walk far to get to the stop, but with our backpacks and the heat it was hard. Luckily, Matt had no trouble getting a seat on the coach and after an hours wait, we got on the coach. The coach was great, air con, foot and leg rests and reclining seats. The coach was almost empty, there was about 5 people on it – including me and Matt.

Our first stop was at the Singapore border. I didn’t know what I needed so had to run back to the coach twice and had everyone waiting for me. The next stop was the Malaysian border, this was easier as I had sorted everything at the last stop.

The journey took about 6 hours and Matt slept through all of it. He just asked me to wake him if I saw anything interesting. Before long we arrived in KL, we could see the Petronus Towers from about 5 miles away. The coach stopped and as we stepped off we were both taken aback at the humidity – again! It was hotter than Singapore!

As I had already booked my hostel, Matt and I got a taxi straight there and hoped they had a spare bed as Matt had nowhere to sleep yet. Again, lucky for him there was one bed left in a dorm. We both went off to our rooms and got sorted, then met back in the lounge. I was tired but as Matt had slept all day, he was wide awake. We decided to go and get something to eat and were told we could get something from the shopping centre across the road. Little did we know but we were actually staying in a hostel behind the biggest shopping mall in Asia. It housed a 4d cinema, bowling alley, the largest food hall in the world, an arcade and the worlds largest indoor rollercoaster, including theme park. This place was unreal. It was the size of the Trafford centre but with 10 floors.
We went up to the 10th floor, the food court and had a look for some new food. Instead, we chose Italian and sat at a table which overlooked the rollercoaster. After dinner we went out of the front entrance of the mall to find we were bang in the middle of KL centre.

Matt suggested finding the KL Skytower and the twin towers. We could see them over the other buildings in the city, we just had to figure out how to get there. That was the fun bit but it was also exhausting, especially as it was so hot. We found the Skytower first but were 15 minutes too late to go up it. So then we set off for the Petronus Towers, this was another trek and a half. When we got to the towers it was great, even though they were closed and you couldn’t go up them, they were amazing to look at. I took loads of photos and so did Matt. They looked so impressive at night when they were lit up. It was then that I realised where I really was! It kind of hit me that all of the planning I had been doing for the last year had come together and I was actually ravelling on my own. I was really proud of myself.

After we had all of our pictures, we got a taxi back to the hostel. Matt wanted to watch the football so I went to bed. I had had enough for the day and was knackered.

Posted by lisacoops 17:54

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint