A Travellerspoint blog

Saturday 9th September

I admit it! I had a day on the Wally Trolley!

View 2006-2007 on lisacoops's travel map.

So I got up early this morning as I was meeting Carmen to go on the tour. I had breakfast and then Carmen came downstairs, ready to go. It was only a 5 minute walk to the stop at the end of the road and we were there in plenty of time. Today was going to be a tour day as it was my last day in Singapore and I hadn’t really seen anything.

The first tour was the Heritage Tour, this took us through the city, past Circular Quay and to Chinatown. Carmen and I got off in Chinatown to have a look through markets and to see the temples. After an hour or so we caught the next tour bus which went back to Suntec City before going on to Little India. We got off at Suntec City and then caught the City Tour bus. This tour took us back through the city and down to Orchard road, famous for it’s amazing shopping centres and markets. It was shopping centre after shopping centre. Amazing! We got off at Orchard road but only had a wander as there was nothing we wanted, needed or could carry. So we hopped back onboard the City Tour bus and stayed on until it got back to Suntec.

Once back at Suntec we got back on the Heritage Tour which we were on first and carried on to Little India. We didn’t get off, just passed through. We got off the bus where we had got on it that morning, 5 minutes away from Sam’s. When we got back to Sam’s we had an hour before the next tour was due to depart from Suntec, so Carmen and I got a shower and changed and set off again for SUntec which was only about 10 minutes away.

This time, I was on time and at the right bus stop. We caught the pink bus to Sentosa Island for the magical laser fountain show. It took about an hour to get to Sentosa and it seemed a shame to only be seeing one of the islands attractions, but then again, unless I wanted to stay there overnight, I had to follow the rules.

The show was amazing, combining lasers, lights, water, fire and music. Images were projected onto walls of water and the music accompanied. The show was over in about 40 minutes, there were about 3,000 people there to watch it and we had 5 minutes tog et back to the bus. Carmen and I wormed our way through the crowds only to find we were one of the first people back.

The tour didn’t end there though, once everyone had arrived back from the show we were taken to the city for the night market. Again, there was nothing I needed apart from a pair of shoes, as I had blisters. The tour guide said that he would drop us off but as the city was so close to where we were staying, Carmen ad I decided to walk back. We were absolutely knackered and had had an amazing, hard, packed day.

Carmen is off to Vietnam tomorrow and I am going to Kuala Lumpur. I booked some accommodation and checked at reception that my coach was confirmed, then made my way to bed. As I walked through the dorm I saw Matt who I had met the night before, we chatted and I mentioned that I was off to KL tomorrow. He had pondered the idea and asked me to give him a shout in the morning. Great! A bit of company for the trip and not bad to look at either!

Posted by lisacoops 17:53

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint